Listserv Terms and Conditions
The WASCA Listserv is intended to facilitate dialogue and idea sharing among WASCA members about current ambulatory surgery industry issues. All members are encouraged to pose and respond to questions, participate in discussions, offer ideas and share experiences with others in this forum.
General Usage Considerations
- When you hit the “Reply” button, every member of the listserv will see your email.
- People value their time. Do not use the listserv to pass on jokes or other messages not related to the interest of those on the listserv.
- If you want your message to go only to the original sender, you should enter the address of the sender (or cut and paste it from the original message) into the “TO” line.
- Do not reply to a listserv message to send a “thank you” or direct a comment/question to an individual. Please forward the message and send the email directly to that individual instead.
Terms & Conditions
In order to participate on the WASCA Listserv, you must agree to the following terms and conditions. Violations of the following listserv terms and conditions will result in immediate termination of listserv privileges.
- Identify yourself and group with each listserv message that you send.
- At no time should discussions be initiated or information shared concerning ASC or other pricing or specific reimbursement rates, due to possible antitrust violations. WASCA strives to ensure that it and its members do not facilitate anti-competitive practices.
- Do not pose questions or share information on specific vendor rates or practice rates. It can lead to unintended damaging consequences.
- Do not send messages with any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or anti-competitive information.
- Avoid mentioning other specific ASCs, health care providers and facilities, or vendors in a negative light. Be mindful that WASCA may have members at these organizations who participate on the listserv.
- Do not forward or share listserv messages with anyone, including non-member employees or non-member vendors. This forum is intended to be a professional venue where colleagues can openly share ideas and concerns. Violation of this policy shall result in member termination.
- The listserv shall never be used as a marketing channel for products or services, nor shall it be used to solicit clients for any membership category.
- The listserv is not intended to act as a revenue stream to any source. Acting in such a manner shall result in membership termination.
- Do not post commercial messages.
- Do not include any information or other material protected by copyright without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
Managing Message Load
It may be helpful to create a rule or filter to send all email from WASCA-MEMBER_LISTSERV@listserv.wasca.net into a folder dedicated to listserv messages.
Complaints and Concerns
If you have any concerns or complaints about the listserv or someone on the listserv, please contact WASCA staff or a Board of Directors member. Please do not post such messages to the list.
WASCA reserves the right to terminate use of the email forum to any user who does not abide by these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty
WASCA does not preview, censor or edit any messages. WASCA is the distributor, not the publisher, of the information posted. WASCA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by users. All policies of WASCA, including its antitrust compliance policy, apply to use of the association’s online service. WASCA may or may not screen content but shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remove, or refuse to post, any materials for any reason.
This service is provided free of charge and “as is.” WASCA (including its employees and agents) assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, (or from use of the information obtained at internet addresses) or in any respect for the content of such information, including (but not limited to) errors or omission, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of property, privacy, or personal rights of others.
WASCA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information. No guarantees or warranties, including (but not limited to) any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose, are made by WASCA with respect to such information.
Participants agree that the laws of the State of Washington will apply for resolving any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the use of this service. In addition, participants agree and consent that if there ever is legal action between us, the courts of the State of Washington will have exclusive jurisdiction.