Emily R. Studebaker, Esq. is general counsel for WASCA. Ms. Studebaker is an attorney with HALL, RENDER, KILLIAN, HEATH & LYMAN, P.C., and can be reached at email@example.com and (206) 406-2729.
WASCA Legal Alerts
- Keep Your Eyes Open for Blepharoplasty Post-Payment Claim Review Requests
- WASCA Advocates for Its Members as the Department of Health Targets ASFs in Certificate of Need Rulemaking
- Generator Remote Stop Switch Requirements
- WASCA Amicus Curiae Brief on Certificate of Need Program’s Rule Subjecting ASFs to Review
- Medical Assistant Requirements
- Notice of Proposed Rule Making Ambulatory Surgical Facility Licensing Fees
- WASCA Comments on Proposed Ambulatory Surgery Facility Licencing Fee Increase
- Department of Health ASF Licensure Fee
- Conditions of Coverage
- MQAC Adopts New Office-Based Surgery Rules
- CMS Announces Waiver of Waiting Area Requirements for Certain ASCs
- Medicare Conditions for Coverage and Washington State Licensure Requirements Crosswalk
Tools from the May 3, 2013 Survey Seminar
Ambulatory Surgical Facility Licensing Seminar
Hosted by: Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association
Date: Friday, March 17, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Glaser Auditorium, Swedish Hospital, 747 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122
Meeting Agenda: Click here for the meeting agenda
What’s New in 2017?
Frank Schitoskey and the Department of Health Surveyors will provide insight on known and forecasted changes on CDC and CMS standards for 2017. They will take attendees along the “mind of the surveyor” path, in a safe place, explaining how emphasis during surveys are determined, which can be facility-specific.
Outbreak Investigation in Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Jason Lempp of Qualis Health and Jamie Moran of APIC Puget Sound will present the fundamentals of Outbreak Investigations for ASC infection preventionists and quality leaders. The topics covered include: Recognizing an outbreak, confirming an outbreak, surveillance methodologies, the steps in an investigation, and mitigation and control strategies. This workshop will be interactive, practical, and aimed specifically at ambulatory care settings.
2017 Annual Education Conference & Trade Show
October 12 & 13, 2017
Tulalip Resort and Spa
10200 Quil Ceda Boulevard
The Annual Conference provides ASC owners, operators and clinicians with the latest information impacting the industry. With a range of topics presented by speakers who are leaders in the ASC industry, our programming is designed to provide you with the tools you need to run your business efficiently so that you can focus on delivering high quality health care to patients.
Shuttle service to the Tulalip Resort & Spa is available from SeaTac Airport on Wednesday, October 11 at 5:00 p.m. and departing from Tulalip Resort & Spa to SeaTac Airport on Friday, October 13 at 4:00 p.m. Please reserve your space by contacting Linda O’Keefe.
Registration and Exhibitor Information
2016 ICD-10 Webinar Series
In partnership with mdStrategies, WASCA is offering its members a coding webinar series to help prepare your team and your facility for implementation of ICD-10. Learn about the changes in documentation requirements so that the correct diagnosis codes can be determined and the structural makeup of the new codes can be used. Participants are eligible to receive 2 AAPC credits.
WASCA in the Press
- Centers Want Bigger Slice of Surgery Pie (01/10/2011)
- The Economy is Challenging all in the Healthcare Sector to Rethink Healthcare Delivery (01/01/2011)
- Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (WASCA) Promotes Collaboration to Reduce Health Costs (01/01/2011)
- Ambulatory surgery centers offer another option (11/18/2010)
- Outpatient surgery lowers costs in Tri-Cities (09/07/2010)
- Safer Surgeries (09/01/2010)
- 2016 Proposed CMS payment rule for ASCs and hospital outpatient departments
- ASC Access Act Summary
- ASC to HOPD Conversion – Costly Consequences
- DHHS initial rules governing state-based health exchanges
- Quality and Access Act 2011
- Senators Push to Open Database on Medicare
- Help Restore Equity to ASC Medicare Payments
- Medicare Program