Emily R. Studebaker, Esq. is general counsel for WASCA. Ms. Studebaker is an attorney with HALL, RENDER, KILLIAN, HEATH & LYMAN, P.C., and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and (206) 406-2729.
WASCA Legal Alerts
- Keep Your Eyes Open for Blepharoplasty Post-Payment Claim Review Requests
- WASCA Advocates for Its Members as the Department of Health Targets ASFs in Certificate of Need Rulemaking
- Generator Remote Stop Switch Requirements
- WASCA Amicus Curiae Brief on Certificate of Need Program’s Rule Subjecting ASFs to Review
- Medical Assistant Requirements
- Notice of Proposed Rule Making Ambulatory Surgical Facility Licensing Fees
- WASCA Comments on Proposed Ambulatory Surgery Facility Licencing Fee Increase
- Department of Health ASF Licensure Fee
- Conditions of Coverage
- MQAC Adopts New Office-Based Surgery Rules
- CMS Announces Waiver of Waiting Area Requirements for Certain ASCs
- Medicare Conditions for Coverage and Washington State Licensure Requirements Crosswalk
Tools from the May 3, 2013 Survey Seminar
Washington ASC Symposium
Hosted by: Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association and Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Four Seasons Hotel, 99 Union Street, Seattle, WA 98101
Registration: Registration Form
7:00 – 8:30 am Networking Breakfast 8:30 – 8:40 am Welcome and Opening Remarks 8:40 – 9:30 am State of the ASC Industry:
Perspectives from the Washington State Legislature
9:30 – 10:20 am Critical Legal and Regulatory Issues Impacting Washington ASCs 10:20 – 10:40 am Networking Break 10:40 – 11:30 am Health System and ASC Alignment Strategies 11:30 – 12:30 pm Networking Luncheon 12:30 – 1:40 pm Emerging Issues in ASC Transactions 1:40 – 2:30 pm Update on ASC Transactions Valuation and Pricing 2:30 – 3:20 pm ASC Payor Update 3:20 – 4:10 pm Role of Management Companies in Washington ASCs
2017 Annual Education Conference & Trade Show
October 12 & 13, 2017
Tulalip Resort and Spa
10200 Quil Ceda Boulevard
The Annual Conference provides ASC owners, operators and clinicians with the latest information impacting the industry. With a range of topics presented by speakers who are leaders in the ASC industry, our programming is designed to provide you with the tools you need to run your business efficiently so that you can focus on delivering high quality health care to patients.
Shuttle service to the Tulalip Resort & Spa is available from SeaTac Airport on Wednesday, October 11 at 5:00 p.m. and departing from Tulalip Resort & Spa to SeaTac Airport on Friday, October 13 at 4:00 p.m. Please reserve your space by contacting Linda O’Keefe.
Special Hotel Rates
Reserve online and use code TB0449 to receive the WASCA 2017 Annual Education Conference & Trade Show group discount.
Registration and Exhibitor Information
2016 ICD-10 Webinar Series
In partnership with mdStrategies, WASCA is offering its members a coding webinar series to help prepare your team and your facility for implementation of ICD-10. Learn about the changes in documentation requirements so that the correct diagnosis codes can be determined and the structural makeup of the new codes can be used. Participants are eligible to receive 2 AAPC credits.
WASCA in the Press
- Centers Want Bigger Slice of Surgery Pie (01/10/2011)
- The Economy is Challenging all in the Healthcare Sector to Rethink Healthcare Delivery (01/01/2011)
- Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (WASCA) Promotes Collaboration to Reduce Health Costs (01/01/2011)
- Ambulatory surgery centers offer another option (11/18/2010)
- Outpatient surgery lowers costs in Tri-Cities (09/07/2010)
- Safer Surgeries (09/01/2010)
- 2016 Proposed CMS payment rule for ASCs and hospital outpatient departments
- ASC Access Act Summary
- ASC to HOPD Conversion – Costly Consequences
- DHHS initial rules governing state-based health exchanges
- Quality and Access Act 2011
- Senators Push to Open Database on Medicare
- Help Restore Equity to ASC Medicare Payments
- Medicare Program